A total of 73 suspects have been brought back to China from the Philippines over telecom and online fraud, the Ministry of Public Security said on Tuesday.
The ministry said in a statement: “The suspects have been linked to more than 40 cases, covering more than 10 Chinese provinces and involving 20 million Yuan (about 3.17 million dollars).’’
In 2017, Chinese police had sent a team to the Philippines to work with local police.
They busted six dens earlier this year and later decided to send the suspects, all Chinese citizens, to China.
According to the statement, another 78 suspects are still under investigation in the Philippines.